Do you have a wild idea? Do you want to win $1000 for it? All you have to do is pitch it to us in 90 seconds. No business plan, no entry fee, just an idea for a product or service.
Imagine entering an elevator with a potential partner or investor, with only 20 floors to spark interest. The 8th Annual Elevator Pitch Competition is designed to simulate this interaction by giving Cal Poly students a chance to pitch their ideas in 90 seconds or less.
Students with product ideas, awesome innovations, a genuine start-up, or just a desire to practice their presentation skills are encouraged to enter.
To enter, you will need to fill out this application, and include a link to a YouTube vide of your Elevator Pitch (90 seconds or less).
If you need a recording device, check out the One Button Studio at The Kennedy Library:
- There is no fee for entry.
- Entrants will have up to 90 seconds to present their idea.
- No audio, visual aids, props, notes or handouts allowed.
- The entire pitch must be given by one person only.
- Registrations must be received by Friday, October 20th at midnight.
- Submissions may be entered by individuals or teams (up to 5 members).
- Each team or individual may enter up to three ideas.
- Each team must have at least 50% full-time students; if you are submitting as an individual, you must be a currently registered student.
- Entries must be the original work of entrants.
- Communication will be through Cal Poly e-mail address and it is the responsibility of the participants to check for correspondence.
- Ideas that have won prize money in a prior year are not eligible to participate unless significantly re-tooled. This will be a decision of the CIE team.
- If chosen as a semi-finalist, the presenting member of the team must be available to present to a panel of judges on Thursday, October 26th between 5:30 and 7:00PM, in the SLO HotHouse.
- If chosen as a finalist, the presenting member of the team must be present at the Center For Innovation & Entrepreneurship’s Forum on Wednesday, November 8th, 2016 from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. Failure to show up will result in the forfeiture of any prize won.
- Must be a currently registered student.